2011年6月28日 星期二

House M.D. Season 7 Review


“Everybody Lies”

I am a House fan, I have been since the beginning of the show, 7 years ago. However, there was a point that I went from being all fanatic to a moderate fan, I watch it on a regular basis, but I don’t watch it on a weekly basis anymore. However, I have always tried to follow a season as soon as it ends (so that I can watch all at once), and that’s what I did for season 7, I waited for the season to end, and I watch all in 2 days.

The reason that I became a moderate fan instead of a fanatic is that in seasons 4 to 5, there’s a change in the story that I personally didn’t like that much, and from that point forward, I watch House, but on a regular basis.

Now, for those who have never watched a single episode of House, I got to do two things, the first is to ask why on earth you wouldn’t House? Second, to provide a exposition for those who actually haven’t, and here it is: House is a doctor, he is a diagnostician that does medicine as if they were crime – they find “cases” that are rejected or ignored by all the other doctors, and they try to piece the case together by analyzing it. The process that House uses is more of a deductive process that a analytical process, which means that his diagnosis are often the result of his observation on his patients, rather than focusing on the medical stuff. The show fascinated me right from the beginning because they are like puzzles that I, as a business student, would never, and I mean never be able to solve, but I still like to watch House doing his thing.

The actors of this show are phenomenal. Hugh Laurie, you know, Stuart Little’s father, plays Dr. Gregory House, a doctor with a chronic pain situation, and a doctor that has the absolute skill when we are talking about human behaviors, and as such, he might appear to be an a-hole for most people, specially his patients. Supporting cast includes a lot of people that I don’t remember their names, because the show basically imprints the characters for the audience, so, most of us know the characters, not the actors.

Season 7 starts with a large change in House’s life, and the main story arc of this season is based on this change and the aftermaths of this change. The show continues to shine where it is supposed to shine – the medical puzzles, the writing and the acting. However, comparing to the 1st three seasons, I still feel that it might be a bit better. House, in the 1st seasons, were a bit episodic, and now it follows a continuous story arc while House takes different cases every week, the story arc was good, and the finale was “mind blowing” (for those who watch, this was intended), but I still think that House should be this prick that does things regardless of the consequences, but with his focus on medicine, and this season changed that a little bit. However, as I said, the season finale was amazing, and was intriguing, to the point that I feel safe to say that I will watch the next season, at least the 1st episodes of it. To my non-existent readers, for the love of god, please, watch House, you will like it, it’s got mine stamp of approval, and a lot of other people’s too.

1 則留言:

  1. Thank you for this review I like it, He is looking Handsome and Attractive in Dr Gregory Leather Jacket Probably one of the best Seasons I've ever watched

    回覆刪除