2012年1月20日 星期五

Duo Review – Midnight in Paris and In Time

For the first day of my long Chinese New Year holiday, I watched two movies that I have wanted to watch ever since I saw the trailers – Midnight in Paris and In Time. Now, it’s part of me being a movie lover that I would have to like some Woody Allen movies, however, I have never seen the so-called classics of Woody Allen, and I think that’s mainly because where I live and how old I am, which means that it’s difficult for me to measure Midnight in Paris in contrast with other Woody Allen classics. That’s being said, I say that the movie is beautiful. The scenery of the first 10 minutes of this film is the perfect advertisement for Paris. I swear to whatever it’s to be sworn, but after the first 10 minutes, I had this urge to go to Paris, not that I am going to, but I would like to. The movie stars mainly Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Kurt Fuller and many more, and it’s a beautiful time-travelling story with a fascinating message behind it. I have heard that most of Woody Allen movies that don’t work happens because Woody Allen wants his protagonists to act like him, and his neurotic personality is not something that everybody can do, but for this film, because Owen Wilson has this easy-going presence that helps the audience to invest in such premise. I am not going to spoil the movie more than saying that it’s a time travelling film, but the way that it was portrayed was awesome and the message behind it is…well, it’s something that we all should at least think about, so I would recommend it.

The second film, In Time, stars Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, which we see a future that time is the currency, and people in the ghetto live day by day while rich people live forever. Justin Timberlake met a dude that wanted to die, and gave Timberlake all his time, thus making Timberlake rich, but also telling him the true reason behind people’s deaths. Seyfried is the rich girl, and through the film, I would say that these two become partners in crime. The film was…well, the thing about this flick is that nothing is well-explained, we never know the transition between the modern times and this future, and apparently, facing such important evolution, the only thing that changed is the currency, because every other thing is the same. The cars are the same, the houses are the same, it’s just a bit weird. However, the movie is not bad, Justin Timberlake was badass! The concept is cool, the acting is acceptable, the execution just fell flat, a bit.

So, here are my reviews for today, and I will try to write as often as possible.

沒有留言:

張貼留言